Work flow: Out-Sourcing Assignment – Release Activity
It isn’t sufficient to build a solution. one must also be able to ship it successful.
- Ensure Agile Team members are available to fix the final defects.
- As per requirement or complexity of product/solution, execute regression test, integration tests and User-Acceptance test; report bugs/ defects in tools such as Service Now.
- Since deployments are so time-critical, create deployment plan documented in detail with expected start and end dates and dependencies. The rollback steps/instructions are included in the plan
- If solution includes data migration from old system to new, testing migration scripts is an important part of release activity which may have started in Iterative delivery.
- Move the build/solution in to Pre-Production environment; Conduct smoke test to verify the new and existing functionality.
- Smoke testing is non-exhaustive testing, ascertaining that the most crucial functions of a program work, but not bothering with finer details.
- Complete documentations such as operational manuals, installation guides, system overview document, so on.
- Ensure end-users are prepared to receive the solution.
- Deploy the solution to Production, conduct “smoke test”, declare General Availability.